NIGHT TIME HAIR CARE
Night time hair care has been a question that continues to be asked to our stylists at the salon, so I am taking the opportunity to outline the dos and don’ts when it comes to keeping your hair in the best condition through the night.
1. DO SLEEP ON SATIN – To minimize the dreaded morning bed-head, sleep on a satin pillowcase, or tie silk scarf around your hair. Satin is much softer than cotton, so there is less friction causing the frizz.
2. DON’T WEAR A HAIR TIE – Don’t put your hair in a ponytail overnight. Very temping, I know, but sleeping with a hair tie can cause breakage and stress which then equals frizz and fly-aways.
3. DON’T SLEEP WITH WET HAIR – Hair is at its most vulnerable when wet or damp. Water swells the cuticle making it most likely to split or break as you rub your hair on your pillowcase.
4. DO TREAT WHILE YOU SLEEP – Treating your hair while you sleep is excellent for women on the go. Um, why not? And the Phyto Secret De Nuit Intense Regenerating Night Treatment is my very new favorite product. It is an effective treatment that releases its active ingredients during sleeping hours.
5. DO SLEEP IN A COOL ENVIRONMENT – As much as you may love feeling cozy at bedtime, this can cause scalp sweating. Sweat can cause your hair to frizz.
6. DO GET A FULL NIGHT’S SLEEP – What’s the point of letting your hair take a rest if its not getting enough time to do so. Get your needed rest and wake up feeling and looking amazing!POSTED by Kim Namanny